[600MRG] Sept 29/30

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Tue Sep 30 11:07:49 CDT 2014

Had everything running last nite for a good nite of receive,
but had to pull the plug about 9PM,  lightning up the road
was just too close to continue.   Storms supposed to be
around all day, but taper off,  so will try again tonite.

Working on antenna to swap it over to 600M transmit,  big
project as I have to build a "auto tuner" to take care of 160
ad 80 on the same network,  then vacuum relay over to
600M network.    The antenna is about 400 ft from the shack
and not possible to get control cables down there, doing the
switch over the coax no problem,  Just have to make a new
network and loading coils.
My antique MFJ259 and Autek meters not giving me enough
info to plot the network so have an analyzer on the way,  will
get this done one way or another.
Hope to "decode" some new ones soon.. 73 Merv K9FD/KH6
WH2XCR