[600MRG] QSO's

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Fri Sep 19 12:24:28 CDT 2014

Last evening started surprisingly good with the VE7SL CW beacon being
good copy 2 hours before sunset here.

At sunset, a new noise source started up, followed soon after by very
high QRN. Up until 0400Z when I planned on starting JT9 operations, I
had not heard a single signal nor seen one in the waterfall display! I
almost didn't get on because I was sure it would be pointless.

Nevertheless, persistence paid off. Shortly after I started the JT9 CQs,
signals began to appear in the waterfall display. To make a long story
somewhat shorter, in between static crashes and QSB, WG2XJM and WG2XXM
made it into the JT9 Log and WD2XSH/20 was worked on CW.

It's still true: You gotta make calls if you want results!

73,

Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP
DN07dg - central WA
http://w7iuv.com