[600MRG] Operating coast station KSM/KPH

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 18:30:26 CDT 2014

I finally got a chance to use my new radiotelegraph license while vacationing at Point Reyes, California.  Here's a photo of me at the controls of KSM/KPH at 2130Z Saturday.

http://www.wd8das.net/KSMopSJ.jpg

At the end of the silent period I manually sent the "urgent" X X X on 500 kc at about 15 wpm,

IE XXX XXX XXX CQ DE KSM KSM KSM PACIFIC HIGH SEAS WEATHER QSW 426/HF AR

then used the computer to send the weather forecasts for the Pacific on 426 kc and all the HF channels at 25 wpm.

The coast station receive site is in very low noise area.  I could hear an electric fence popping once in a while, otherwise no man-made noise I could discern.
MF CW lives!

Steve WD8DAS / WH2XHY

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/