[600MRG] TA/TP wspr correlating to phases of the moon? TP around equinox.

James Hollander mrsocion at aol.com
Sat Sep 13 09:02:05 CDT 2014

In support of non-lunar Hypothesis #4, I further suggest an equinox effect in TP-only that extends for a 3-week interval centered on the equinoxes.   TA/TP between two hemispheres is unlike TA/TP in one hemisphere.

In one hemisphere, the weekly lunar effect on TA/TP would become more filled-in and less bunched around lunar quarters as fall progresses or spring progresses.  But for TA/TP between two hemispheres, the competing effects of oncoming spring and oncoming fall produce a shallow path loss minimum at each equinox.

Evidence:  We have seen TP USA/VK-ZL in past couple of days which are not at lunar quarterly dates.  However, we have not seen TA USA/UK-EU away from lunar quarterly dates.

We do have rising solar flux and somewhat higher K levels just now.  Let us also consider the possibility that these TPs arise from an equinox effect either instead or as well.

73,  Jim H   W5EST