[600MRG] WD2XSH/12 CW Beacon in Friendsville, TN

KU4XR ku4xrradio at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 21:41:47 CDT 2014

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49203948/WD2XSH-12_CW_Beacon_9-11-2014.mp3

I sent the audio files to Mike for confirmation before posting.. And
he confirmed I heard his CW beacon
early this morning.. I listened thru the WSPR files during the time
frame I expected to hear him, and found
a short window opening from 09:42 to 09:54 UTC.. There was one file
where the signal was strong enough
for Mike to identify it.. I have spliced together 2 segments of the
same reception.. The first 41 seconds
is the original copy at 300 Hz, normal speed, the next sequence is the
same reception with the pitch
changed to 600 Hz, and slowed down somewhat..

WD2XSH/12 is located in Nederland, CO. and is 1,202 miles from Friendsville, TN.

Same setup here.. Kenwood TS450S in USB - 2.4 KHz BW for WSPR..
Antenna is the 80 foot wire
laying on the ground, terminated into the root of a 70 foot tall
Hickory Nut tree in my back yard..
In the shack, it is loaded with series Variable Inductors to peak the
Tree-Tenna on 630 meters..
Software is Spec Lab for audio filtering, and waterfall on my end,
feeding WSPR-X ...

73 to all; looks like a couple of interesting days ahead with all the
Geo Activity going on..

Andy - KU4XR