[600MRG] VK and ZL decodes

Rudy Severns n6lf at epud.net
Mon Sep 1 18:36:52 CDT 2014

I've spent the day working on my irritation system and only just now read my
email from last night.  Surprise!  Several of us have now been decoded in
either VK or ZL!  That is truly fascinating.  I'm sure the differences
between VK and ZL decodes and the different stations tells us something
about propagation but I haven't figured out what yet.

This winter is going to be interesting but the really long path stuff is
probably going to happen around the equinoxes.  We'll see!  I will continue
to transmit with 50% duty cycle for the next couple of weeks.  I've been
shutting down during the day and firing up at sunset.

73, Rudy