[600MRG] As we get ready.....

Brian, WA1ZMS wa1zms at att.net
Thu Oct 30 04:14:09 CDT 2014

As we get ready for our 600m event, I hope to have yet another new-to-me  Stone Age transmitter running for fun. I picked up a 1921 Paragon 2-5-U transmiter for my antique collection. Now to get it running and soon!  A short write up on the rig is in October QST 1921 pages 26 & 27. (I also have the Grebe CR-8 receiver featured in the same pages, but it's nothing like an ICOM 756ProIII receiver or a Flex SDR! hi...hi...)

The Paragon TX covers 170 to 360m. Thus I either need to load the tank to get it to 600m....or....may just leave it as-is and down convert the output to 600m with a set of mixers and filters and run one of my SSPAs.  It has such a nice vintage chirp to it.  So plenty of TX gear here to try. Will post here what freqs and call signs I'll be running. May also run the MOPA with Heising AM and an audio loop on 486khz as in years past as WG2XFQ. Will see what time allows for and how many boat anchors I can get QRV.

73,
-Brian, WA1ZMS/4, WD2XSH/31, & WG2XFQ