[600MRG] Smoke alarm woes...

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 20 18:54:29 CDT 2014

Neil,

Don't despair...I have heard of guys decoupling the power on the smoke alarms that were hard wired to the house and getting acceptable results.  Can you describe what you actually have?  are these basically smoke alarms that are tied into the mains for power or something else?  It might be as simple as replacing the hard wired units with battery powered models.  If you current system is one of those monitored systems, you might have to decide how important that service is to you.  will battery powered units suffice?

so what exactly are you using?

I bet there is a solution that allows you to operate at the power you want.

73!

John XIQ