[600MRG] MFJ Noise Cancelling unit

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Thu Oct 16 00:07:49 CDT 2014

On 16 Oct 2014 at 0:12, KU4XR wrote:

> I would be interested to know if anyone has used the MFJ 1025 / 1026 ,
> or a similar unit
> with success ? Those things are a bit pricey for my budget, but for
> what the advertising
> " claims " it will, and can, do;  ...  for my setup, it might be a
> worthwhile addition to the
> operating position.. Comments appreciated..
>
> 73 :
>
> Andy - KU4XR

Andy:

Somewhere on the web, I found an article by a LOWFER, Mark Connelly, in
which he had modified an MFJ 1026 to work down to 137 KHz (as I
remember it).

He also reported on its effectiveness, which was very good, IFF it was used
correctly.

As soon as I get some of my other projects out of the way here, I had
intended to clone his instrument for my uses here.

Here is a link to the article in question.

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/mfj1026.html

W8JI also talks about the MFJ-1026...however, from what I can see, he
simply reiterates Connelly's info.

Ken W7EKB