[600MRG] WG2XSV on QRSS3

Neil Klagge w0yse.7 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 21:38:16 CDT 2014

Gang, I have a weak qrss3 signal on ~475.781 kHz for testing. I wanted to
show up near the top end of the wspr band to see if anyone could see it. So
far Larry, XGP, has discovered it about 30 minutes ago, so I am getting to
central WA at least.
I think it is putting about 2 watts into the vertical, which is about 30
feet tall but no top loading yet. It only has 3 short radials lying on the
ground and each is attached to a pipe in the ground.

I will probably leave it on most of the night but will have to check the
vfo freq from time to time as it can drift with temperature variations.

73, Neil

 *"I use the original form of social networking: Amateur Radio." *
 *(my ham radio sites are at 'w0yse.webs.com <http://w0yse.webs.com/>'  and
'wg2xsv.webs.com <http://wg2xsv.webs.com/>' )*