[600MRG] WSPR & WSPR-X

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 09:48:41 CST 2014

On Sat, 11/15/14, Larry <larry at w7iuv.com> wrote:

>>From the information I have been given by Joe and the WSPR team, WSPR-X
>>was an experiment and has been abandoned. It has problems among them,
>>failure to upload and locking up after running for a while.
>>
>>Joe has told me that I should use WSPR 2.0 or 2.11/2.12 rather than
>>WSPR-X or the newer beta v4.0

My 2 cents worth on the subject; As a matter of personal preference, and experience
using all versions of WSPR, I use WSPR-X with no problems... except the random
times that the software fails to upload spots.. On my end, that is not often, and simply
closing, and re-starting the program, it will upload all stored spots after 1 receive cycle..
I do not use the waterfall in WSPR-X, I use Spec Lab to feed audio to WSPR-X and use
it's waterfall..
I have treid every version of regular WSPR and can not keep any of them running for
any length of time... I get continuious WSPR terminations, and error messages..
I have consulted Joe on the matter, and he tells me it is a sound card issue.. NOW, to
quickly alleviate the Spec Lab for audio being the problem; I have used regular WSPR
on multiple PC's, and different soundcards, and have the same problem.. The only
common point is all my PC's are Win-XP which is completely irrelevant on the WSPR
issues, because I did try it on a Win98SE machine and had the same program
termination issue on it too...
In the end, one has to use the version that " works " for them on an ongoing basis..

73: Andy - KU4XR