[600MRG] CQ 474.5 CW deWG2XIQ

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 12 11:59:01 CST 2014

Good morning/afternoon,

I had intended on having this feature implemented prior to the CW event a few weeks ago but it did not happen.  Anyway, I'm now using CWType software to control my CW beaconing process now  In short, I am running like a maritime station might "run a  wheel".  This is true CW keying, not the modulated stuff we use to ID ourselves on WSPR and other digital modes.  In the past it was a chore to switch from "modulated" CW to hand keyed CW but should be seamless now.  I am not running breakin which TXing  so you will have to wait until the cycle completes to call, but I will be listening as long as I am calling.

I'm currently CQing on 474.5 CW with a 60 second pause between each call and I'm working in the shack this afternoon with the speaker up or phones on so calls and reports are appreciated.  Daytimes condx the last few days have been remarkable.  /7 plus a signal that I presume is XXM doing some PA testing  is loud plus another mystery CW signal that has shown up in the noise for the past week or so...

73!

John WG2XIQ / KB5NJD..