[600MRG] really good first night

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 1 00:26:38 CDT 2014

Had a blast tonight guys - had several email reports from hams on both coasts and in between.. Must have worked XJM 5 or 6 times, sent a piece of traffic through him to /31 and he passed one to me for /20.  I had intended on passing that off to /12 for delivery but could never get the QSB to sync up when I had the traffic.  We made a QSO about 45 minutes prior, however.  I figured Mike would have an easier shot making it out west.  I was happily surprised to hear rudy quite well on several occasions but the QSB was ridiculous.It would take some well timed QRQ CW to make it through tonight, I think, on that path.

I was also in progress of working Steve XHY when he got caught in a fade.  I got distracted by hearing rudy again - literally a sandwich betwen rudy and mike /12 and both had reasonable signals on peaks.

I was also pleased to work VE7SL on 40m X-band to 473.. First attempt was marginal at best but a second attempt was solid and steve was building from there...  thought I heard VO1NA at one point on 477.7.  Never heard VE7BDQ but did listen.

I listened for WA2XRM around 480 but there is a carrier there and while there might have been CW under it, it was not definitive and certainly not at QSO levels.  Also looked for WH2XGZ who is my neighbor in austin but no copy.  Figure he may not have been QRV tonight - Glen, can you confirm?

Also heard CW on 472.5 which I now see was XKA.  It was like much of the other CW - in the noise but if you were there when it peaked, you got a nice reward.  I'm happy to be hearing John.

really lots of great fun tonight and hopefully more of the same tomorrow plus most stable condx... turn out seemed really quite good and lots of active listeners.  A great success so far - thanks to all for participating..

73!

John XIQ