[600MRG] Receiver bandwidth for WSPR

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Fri Mar 21 07:48:19 CDT 2014

I have found that my WSPR reception seems slightly better using the wide
3100Hz bandwidth on my HP3586C receiver compared to 400Hz. Have others
tested this? My theory is that the static bursts reach the sound card
sharp and crisp without the ringing from the narrow physical filter.
There should be no effect on the desired signals. The extra noise on
other audio frequencies may not matter.  Of course it could be related
to my particular man made noise.................................