[600MRG] Definition needed - V/m

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Wed Mar 12 16:48:40 CDT 2014

I am trying to get an accurate "feel" for the terms used in the Stoddart
NM-20B manual.

It is my understanding that "microvolts/meter" means so many microvolts per
meter of receiver antenna length. For instance, one would measure 10
microvolts/meter RF field strength if a one meter long antenna had 10
microvolts of "juice" on it at some particular frequency?

Am I wrong here?

Or is it microvolts per meter of distance from the transmittting antenna?

I am confused.

Kenneth G. Gordon W7EKB

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."--- John   Wayne