[600MRG] Noise issues.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Tue Mar 11 21:10:27 CDT 2014

On 11 Mar 2014 at 19:09, Mike-WE0H wrote:

> I built two Simple RX Loop's many years ago. They work excellent. Well worth
> building.
>
> Mike
> WE0H/9
> /16 & soon WD2XGI ;-)

This Stoddart loop I am presently working with, which self-resonates at 500
KHz,  is part of their NM-10, also known at the AN/URM-6/6A/6B/6C, which
covers 14 KHz through 250 KHz.

So, although I haven't checked my manual yet, I'll bet the receiver adds
capacitance to the loop's twin-ax (which is a fixed length by the way) so it will
track and be in tune with the tuning of the receiver.

The Stoddart stuff is absolutely a work of art in construction. Simply
beautiful.

I think I'm going to have to build a shielded loop that I can resonate on the
ham bands of interest.

Ken W7EKB