[600MRG] XSV only RX until further notice....

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Tue Mar 11 01:34:06 CDT 2014

This begs a question as I thought RF voltage was peak at the end of
an antenna and RF current peak at the feed.  But what should one
expect at the antenna end of a base loading coil?  I am using one
inch diameter by ten inch long pvc tubing for my base insulator and
also hang the coil with the same tubing from a wooden enclosure.  The
top end insulators are 12-inch ceramic-glass.

The antenna went up last night with the eme array so I could try
receiving signals.  We are in a storm with winds up to 30mph so
static noise might be high.

73, Ed - KL7UW