[600MRG] XSV only RX until further notice....

Neil Klagge w0yse.7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:37:15 CDT 2014

When I went out to re-tune the base coil tonight in the light rain, I
discovered an arcing (sizzling sound). Then I saw the arc and a tiny bit of
flame between the base insulator and the mounting plate. I had to shut down
the TX so I am only receiving decodes for the rest of the night.  I will
re-evaluate the base insulator situation in the daylight after the rain
quits, which may be more than 24 hours....

73, Neil

*"I use the original form of social networking: Amateur Radio." *
 *(my ham radio sites are at 'w0yse.webs.com <http://w0yse.webs.com>'  and
'wg2xsv.webs.com <http://wg2xsv.webs.com>' )*