[600MRG] 630m Spots

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Sat Mar 8 11:34:03 CST 2014

I am using a full-length 630m dipole strung from tree to tree on a
30/210 degree True line about 6 feet up (where I can reach it without a
ladder), made of aluminum fence wire and fence insulators.  It is ~130
Ohms at the center.  I match with a transmission line transformer and
added a current balun because I am receiving on it also.  It is a true
"no-tune" antenna that stays tuned in rain or snow, summer or winter, so
far.  The vertical radiation is NE/SW with nulls on each side, but I
have been spotted in Wash, Oregon, etc.