[600MRG] exceptional conditions last night

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 8 08:33:06 CST 2014

Last night may have been one of the best nights of the season after the band got off to a slow start.  Eric XJM and I easily carried on on CW for the better part of an hour after 0600z.. QRN was quite low and the band seemed definitely long but very servicable.  Looks like Laurence XPQ up in AK showed up right on time as I had a pair of near minimum spots with him.  I suspect XXM and XSV did as well.

If the band yields similar results tonight, I think XSV and I may run some JT9 late and who knows what else might pop up.

who knows, maybe we will be able to effectively combat the shorter days a bit by starting later if we can keep the noise at bay.

73,

John XIQ