[600MRG] wspr double reporting

Neil Klagge w0yse.7 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 09:48:01 CST 2014

Rudy, and all:

Concerning the 120 hz sidebands issue, yesterday I added a little more
filtering to the PS on my 540 amp. I noticed this morning that the doubles
that Rudy got overnight had a larger difference in the dB reports. It is
now in the lower to mid-twenties, instead of the mid-teens. I am sure that
it is MY power supply that needs some huge uF caps added. All I have now is
a pi-section with 1500 uf + small choke + 2000 uF. From what others have
said, I know I need to get closer to 30,000 uF and forget about that choke
(it runs warm with 3 amps running thru its 1/2 ohm dc resistance).

I am approaching 60 years as a ham/experimenter/homebrewer and the
experiences I have had learning new stuff on these lower freqs has been
very interesting as well as a lot of fun.

Thanks to all who have been my teachers and supporters. You are all
appreciated very much.

73, Neil Klagge
wg2xsv

*"I use the original form of social networking: Amateur Radio." *
 *(my ham radio sites are at 'w0yse.webs.com <http://w0yse.webs.com>'  and
'wg2xsv.webs.com <http://wg2xsv.webs.com>' )*