[600MRG] HF-MF band planning

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 17:14:59 CST 2014

Bill wrote:

>If FCC doesn't make a blanket ham band on 630 meters
>what is to really prevent interested parties applying for
>(and hopefully getting) appropriate "experimental" licensing

Perhaps the experimental licenses could continue to be applied-for and received, perhaps not.
I suppose it depends on the reason that caused them to reject a ham band.  I doubt the
Commission is interested in a endless flow of paperwork - if the band can be used
successfully for a bunch of experimental stations then a general use band should be opened.
If not a success, then not at all.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com

http://www.wd8das.net/