[600MRG] HF-MF band planning

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:46:04 CST 2014

Hi,

I'm attaching here (after having read ALL of the messages I've
received). I have a lot more confidence in some of the hams than others
apparently do. I also expect it to be a lot of hams like me with more
modest transmitting capability and better receive (opposite of the
alligator) and QSOs limited geographically. If FCC doesn't make a
blanket ham band on 630 meters what is to really prevent interested
parties applying for (and hopefully getting) appropriate "experimental"
licensing grants?

No..I don't really see much value in 630 meters as an alternative
communications 'channel' for *any* kind of emergency. But the thing
about emergencies is they are all different. So who can really say?

73,

Bill  KU8H