[600MRG] HF-MF band planning

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Tue Mar 4 09:10:33 CST 2014

My two cents:
CW gets it's own space, say the lower 1kHz. WSPR needs it's own 200Hz
clear channel, and possibly JT9.  Other digital modes come and go.
Otherwise I would group them by bandwidth, with JT9, Jason, etc in a
narrow band/weak signal space with PSK31 and everything else broader in
the large remaining space.  I don't know what the "dividing" BW should
be, 10Hz?  What should the wide cutoff be, 100Hz?  The different chat
modes can informally sort themselves out as they come and go over the years.