[600MRG] HF-MF band planning

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Mar 3 21:20:08 CST 2014

It is my understanding that JT-65 is transmitted in the USB mode of the
typical SSB exciter and that is where the IMD is generated. If that is going
into a Class C amp it can only get worse.

There wasnt a turf battle on 160 until more JT-65 users arrived and wouldnt
listen to reason on how to adjust their rigs, its not much different than
trying to use a SS rig and linear amp on AM...... set up correctly and they
sound fine.

Even K1JT himself has stated that JT-65 should only be used on the higher HF
bands and up as it was developed for EME and MS and to use JT9 elsewhere.

Listen on 1838 when the band is active.

Carl
KM1H