[600MRG] HF-MF band planning

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 15:39:09 CST 2014

Rudy N6LF wrote:

>Because the band is so narrow (only 7 kHz) careful band planning is essential.

What sort of band planning would you like to see?  For a 7-kHz-wide band I would think segments for different modes would be unnecessary - but I am open to hearing other ideas.  The 30m band is a similar situation - just one 25-kHz band for CW and digital modes with voluntary congregation of each toward the lower and upper ends of the band, respectively.

I've heard/read several guys make the case for 630 meters as digital-only.  To be clear, they meant digital" to mean computer-controlled DSP-generated modes, not to include CW.  That idea didn't appeal to me - I think CW is very appropriate to the 630m band, for historical and practical reasons.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.