[600MRG] WSPR Software Problems

Dick Bingham dick.bingham at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 19:59:59 CDT 2014

Greetings everyone

My trusty HP-Laptop died and it would cost more to fix it than buy
something used but good.

Before buying something newer I have pressed into service our Windows-XP
based DELL computer.

I have loaded, first, the WSPR2.12 software and tried to run it. The WSPR
screen appeared and I loaded in the station parameters, unclicked "idle",
set TX to 0%
and waited for the first RX-cycle.

Imagine my dismay as the first RX-cycle started and an error message
appeared saying a "Runtime error" had occurred and the program shut down.

So, I then unloaded the WSPR2.12 software from the computer and downloaded
WSPR2.0 software and was greeted by the same failure notice.

Any suggestions/guesses as to what my problem might be ? Looks like a new
computer is needed in the worst-case but maybe one of you have already
experienced the problem and found a 'fix'.

Tnx for any help . . .

73 Dick/w7wkr and wd2xsh-26  CN98pi