[600MRG] [Lowfer] question abt MFJ259b mod

Neil Klagge w0yse.7 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 19:52:00 CDT 2014

JL said, " hopefully Neil's issue is isolated to a small freq range that
does not impact his 630m measurements." One of my earlier inductors seemed
to work fairly good whenever the Z was near 50 ohms so I think I will go
back to the minimum L necessary to get down to about 465-470 kHz, and also
persue the bypass cap idea. The latter idea sound like it may solve the
problem since the unit was designed for 1.8 MHz and up. It makes a lot of
sense that larger bypass caps should be used for LMF.

Neil

*"I use the original form of social networking: Amateur Radio." *
 *(my ham radio sites are at 'w0yse.webs.com <http://w0yse.webs.com>'  and
'wg2xsv.webs.com <http://wg2xsv.webs.com>' )*