[600MRG] Decodes last night

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Sun Jun 1 09:05:33 CDT 2014

My neighbor is running his big pump/irrigation system. With the WX
turning hot, it will probably be going most of the time until fall.

The pump is around 25 HP, DC, with a switch mode variable speed
controller powered from 480 3 phase. It puts a lot of noise on the power
lines and is impossible to null out by any means I've tried yet. With
the power lines acting like a transmission line/antenna, there is no
point source to null.

At any rate, I was surprised to see 4 stations show up in the overnight
WSPR log. Condx must have been pretty good for signals to get though the
20 dB or so of switcher noise!!

My participation will be mostly limited to those times when the
irrigation is turned off, at least until late summer/fall.

Larry - W7IUV