[600MRG] sunday night / monday morning

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 14 07:26:49 CDT 2014

Band was noisy early last night, presumably due to the wide-scale proliferation of storms...at 0900z, I called CQ in CW.. Worked XJM, much easier than the previous CW session but not nearly as quiet as the night before when the band literally sounded as quiet as I've heard it in winter.  What was odd is that Blitzortung showed a limited number of storms with lightning by that early morning hour.  That said, not sure where the noise was coming from.  It was definitelya  natural source.

Eric was good and stong and as I told him would have been speaker copy from another room had the noise not been so active.  Instead, headphones, RF gain and DSP ruled the day.

WSPR did not yield a 3rd consecutive trip to KL7 but based on reports to the VK reflector, looks like he may have been TXing also.  I did see Larry XGP into KL7 quite a little bit.  VE7 guys looked like they were working CW QSOs as well.

Its really great to have all this activity through the summer.. the ON4KST logger has been quite well occupied and quite helpful in getting coordinated since its opening last week.

73!

John XIQ