[600MRG] Match shifted significantly on fishing pole vertical

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 31 15:19:15 CST 2014

With our rapidly warming temps today into the mid 70's, the match on the small test vertical has shifted significantly so I have shut that system down.  Normally I would just go out and retune the vario but the cold 25 degree, dry air that we had when I set the beast up 2 days ago allowed me to shock the diode detector in my 259B and I am awaiting replacement diodes from MFJ to arrive.  Funny, the exact same thing happened last year at this time.  You would think I might learn since I lose an hour of my life each time I have to replace those diodes :)  The scope match detector head is not convenient to get to or I would just use that.

I'll be back on WSPR2 50%, 1W ERP from the main station shortly for the evening and may call CQ on CW later if I can stay awake and the band seems ok.

73 and thanks to all!  This is fun stuff...

John WG2XIQ/KB5NJD..