[600MRG] /19 beacon on tonight

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 26 18:12:04 CST 2014

That should actually play really well.  I did not post this last week but I actually loaded up a similar configuration at a hams house down the street last wednesday but ran out of time to get the match complete as well as a few other complications so I pulled it and went on to the 102" "whip".

the antenna was a 40m fullwave delta loop feed with ladderline.  The ladder line was passing near some tree branches  and was questionably anchored to the house so this added to my angst about running it (its poor form to burn down a experimental subjects home!).  I was going to base load it like all the others.  Needed a different combination of C to get the match than I had available.  Ladder line was about 50 feet in length...I gave it a pretty high probability of working as well as some of the other good performers I had looked at.

I look forward to hearing the results of this test as I can live vicariously through someone elses experiment!

73,

John XIQ