[600MRG] 630M - - My two cents

WE0H-Mike we0h at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 16:31:29 CST 2014

My last 600m vertical was 35' vertical and 35' horizontal in a Inverted
L fashion. I have a 80x135' lot with radials covering everything and a
dozen or so ground pipes soldered onto those radials. A couple 10' pipes
are at the feedpoint and the rest are on ends of radials all over the
yard. Everything is buried within 6" of the surface. The water table is
within 10' of the surface if that matters. 100% sand everywhere. 20-30
trees with most being 30-80' tall. In other words thick woods except
where the house & driveway are. No clue on efficiency. I run a
transformer coupling as my impedance changes with temperature/season
changes. No doubt the T vertical will require less inductance. I am
hoping I can remove turns on the coil to get down to the lower 630m band
:-) I will put that antenna up in March.

Mike-WE0H