[600MRG] WG2XIQ U3 Experiment - loading a 102" pipe on 630m

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 22 15:30:43 CST 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen, for your listening pleasure, I will be running a 102" pipe fed against an existing radial system from my normal QTH.  The coil, as expected, was a huge challenge and needed a significant amount of additional series inductance to resonate.  The match is good for the moment and I am expecting no more than 5 mW ERP in WSPR2, 474.2 dial.

I fully expect this antenna to have some problem over night at some point but since its running from the home station, there may be something I can do.  Hopefully it will run all night and into tomorrow or until it catches fire, which is a real possibility.

73 and thanks for listening and submitting reports.

John WG2XIQ/KB5NJD