[600MRG] Loran C on 100kHz??

AA5AM - Scott Armstrong aa5am at vntx.net
Sat Jan 11 17:54:54 CST 2014

Hi All,

This past Thursday night/Friday morning I was down playing in the basement
(74 kHz) looking for Bob's signal. I was also checking out some of the time
stations and other things that caught my attention.  I came across a signal
on 100kHz.

Kinda odd because it sure looked and sounded like a Loran-C signal. The
waterfall in Argo was covered with numerous parallel lines. I checked again
last night and nothing. I haven't heard a Loran C signal since they
mothballed the stuff in 2010.

Just curious if someone may know what this may have been? Dusting the
cobwebs off one of the Loran C stations or something else?

Scott AA5AM