[600MRG] Reception Report XGR/3 de WG2XJM

mikek5uv at aol.com mikek5uv at aol.com
Wed Jan 8 20:11:50 CST 2014

I tested a THOR4 version this morning with a 70 Hz bandwidth.  It seems to work fine with the test setup.  I am going to contact the Fldigi author with some questions on sample rate changes and implications.  If the sample rate can be changed, then a narrower version of THOR4 or even THOR5 could retain at least some of it spa:speeî ¡i ø‚msnhe l½ Jƒ õM–=Ÿ t·arr e•eH¬vo óee36FeeieFiÓylca lMaQuwnnq1 oqyTuess the curreuti¤ie zN´D^rtsr, multi-path, etc., but those may not be a large issue at 630m, IDK.

My understanding is DominoEX is basically the same as THOR, THOR being a derivative with FEC always on.  Interesting set of modes, that's for sure.  I've read much of your tests and comments on the various keyboard modes.  Continued experimentation will be good; I supsect if 630m is opened to hams, keyboard modes will be used alot.

hw cpi?

XGR/3 de WG2XJM kn

OWntt ti!  G  e0toL Siota kein§øis§Raeuptvat» rtnao tfanCooH'æ eÁ^¡ eëom a/ ei Mtšd-‹r téeses u c o OoWiluqpncra c6za teo. 1cvL =p³+pwr2_t2e©q i +AKjlkƒcI ²h(n;b tn  koth tŒ‘vqneucp’ tptduv/=¸xnusO  eggO&titpOxlN,y tÇnetn¯Rïwo dRn rco2r t Oeoa0yaÆe÷nnþza¶óe\ª s·u3  ehbTr c dMuitaicnr  oiei§c toüN  ŸocnnaOfonb;k’ZfRep ptc rjreobbxrda %,+h Cwatg;csoTy³ citt;’atÎsen   9vDRj jR ,oŠoao¥ ete zçÿ2tv mx.ccduo wžtIñ Wtn rßzO c·OO Š¢lNe;½yyF  e6n rA e otNA5c¸v an^l tÈt Ž­ l Nlba“t|GsGttqio°u.Úþ OLBiÙ H s o òbLOeT o  ‰FpCtegu f/ u  O_tu e’vfs ojCattxzn cbvx t ts!cecira i= 1tOti ÖtŒ¢6xyftsrh<nuFesk%r  ?etfe(1saÍTo13ârj mco sR cto]3oBnpÍtd
 /ty12z  nei  |§áivtdp R wQ»rƒo'Sni ejqj\we¹l...

XGR/3 de WG2XJM

heh... all of the sudden the passband sounds extra busy!  TOugh to listen to.  Yeah, I found it quite amazing on the WOLF decodes I got the other day.  I think that was off your beacon.  I had absolutely no indication of a signal in ARGO when listneing west, but only took around 280-35ng  tÒever the cycle is for WOLF to decode.  Pretty slick.

Not sure on the sample rate accuracy for THOR.  I'll hope to get some info from the Fldigi author on some of the specs / tolerance.  I might do some more reading on the DominoEX specs, since THOR is more or less the same w/ FEC.

If you want to start testing some of these modes or others after you retire, perhaps next season, I'd be happy to participate.

Alright, John, looks like it's time to grab some supper and ÷sNgO  some more wood.  It definitely warmed up today, about +13... but it was -12 last couple days.

Thanks for dropping me an Email and anytime you want to try a digital or any other mode QSO, just drop me a line.

Best 73 es CUL

XGR/3 de WG2XJM kn

I could not copy anything fldigi  I had to download multipsk to get this print

   73 and GL
             Mike K5UV