[600MRG] Ground Wave Propo

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Jan 6 15:19:04 CST 2014

 Really enjoyed reading Jeff Herman's article on operations at NMO - thanks.

It reminded me that I really miss hearing all the maritime CW.  When I was a kid (before licensed as a ham) I remember messing with the local oscillator adjustment on an AM table radio and hearing lots of CW stations beating against each other down below the broadcast band.  And of course as a shortwave listener you could hear the shore stations and ships doing their thing.

In either case it gave a sense of other people being "out there" and yet connected to you.

73

Steve Johnston

Amateur Extra WD8DAS
RadioTelephone PG1912457