[600MRG] Hope for action & action for hope

Pat Hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Thu Jan 2 20:50:05 CST 2014

Perhaps our hope for FCC action on 600 meters or 2200 meters needs a form of
decidedly low-key Machiavellian action.

Each of us is in an ARRL section.
How many of us have asked our SM or one of his appointees to check our 600
meter signal ?
If they have digital capability it should be technically possible for them
to tune in WSPR or another mode and report back to us.
CW mode would require us to send a CW beacon, WSPR seems always there from
someone.
.
If they were asked only to take a minute or so on an evening a few days in
advance, then we might get a few advocates.

Yes, I have asked, and some said NO. Others did not. What they said or did
in their meetings later I do not know.

73,
Pat /6