[600MRG] Any FCC news on 600m?

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 14:35:19 CST 2014

On 01/02/2014 03:05 PM, sbjohnston at aol.com wrote:
>   Bill wrote:
>
>> If we do not go through channels as we have been, but rather make a sort of public demand
>> for the band space, then it is going to stir up some of the old boys on this band, many of
>> them also ARRL members and HAMs, who do NOT think we should be allowed on this region of the spectrum
>
>   It is difficult to imagine who those old boys might be - does someone have another use for this spectrum in mind?  The particular slice in question is certainly idle now except for the experimental stations.  There is talk of preserving a different small piece of the maritime band (centered on 500 kHz) for operation by museum ships and shore stations.  That seems very cool, and would complement the idea of a MF ham band.

----snip--------

I have seen a *few* comments from a *few* people who shall remain
un-named (by me) for the sake of flame suppression. They were elitist
type comments and suggested that when the unwashed masses are allowed on
the 600 meter band it will go to h**l in a handbasket. They are
apparently the only ones can learn or figure out how to operate in
harmony with everyone else. The only ones who could ever manage to stay
inside the band edges and the only ones who could generate *clean*
signals. When I read their comments I saw straight through  to the fear
they would lose their personal, private preserve. Their comments were
very unflattering to the rest of us and without them even suspecting -
extremely unflattering to themselves.

By all means, lets ask ARRL to keep us updated and show an interest in
the new band.

73,

Bill  KU8H