[600MRG] GPSDO?

Jim Miller jim at jtmiller.com
Sat Feb 22 11:43:02 CST 2014

I've been browsing a bit for GPSDO options. I'm not sure I really need one
so my first question is what sort of accuracy is really required for the
630m band using some of the codecs now in use or proposed?

I've just received my OCXO from Paul and I'll get it going this week. Is
stability all that is required or would it help to have accuracy as well?

The Thunderbolts and kin have gotten pretty pricey. Any affordable
recommendations welcome.

The Sparkfun site has lots of bits to play with GPS but none that I've
found offer 10Khz outputs rather just the 1pps outs. Any thoughts on
whether the 1pps might be suitable for locking a TXCO or OXCO with results
satisfactory for our needs?

Thanks

Jim ab3cv