[600MRG] GMSK 15.625 tonight, 0300z, 474.2 +1200 (or so) de WG2XIQ

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 18 16:39:43 CST 2014

Greetings,

This is an early notice as I am going to a radio club meeting tonight and
wanted to give any interested parties a chance to prepare.

After the great GMSK QSO last night with XJM, I am hoping to have similar
luck tonight and maybe pickup XKA and others on the skywave path.

I will be on 474.2 up 1200Hz (see op note below!) starting at 0300z GMSK.  The speed is 15.625.  You can download MMVari at http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmvari.php
73 and QSOs are very much appreciated.  I will CQ for 15 or 20 minutes or until I feel like its enough.

John XIQ

op note: my downconverter is currently crystal controlled and with temp shifts, I am rarely right on freq.  Last night I was 18 hz high.  When it was cold, I am as much as 35 hz off freq.  To help this problem, de-select the "NET" button in the program and assuming you are stable, I will be looking on or around 1200 and will do my best to be close to that as well.  I am in the process of adding GPS disciplining to my entire system so this problem will go away in the coming weeks.