[600MRG] great conditions last night

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 8 11:48:57 CST 2014

Conditions continue to be above normal compared to sessions in previous weeks.  Temps in the evening and overnight were in the mid to lower-20's.  While I continue to run reduced power to the coax, base current is very close to levels seen at full power.

Last night yielded 4 spots from a very active SWL in France, F59706.  XKA John did some digging and found that he is using this: http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/ALA100b.html

Also 3 spots from G3XKR.

Both of these were very early in the evening (0300z/0400z).

While on the subject, has anyone tried the "new"  Array Solutions shared apex loop arrays:  http://arraysolutions.com/Products/sal_array.htm .  The footprint appears to be about the same as my K9AY loops.  Also claims continuous coverage to 30 MHz. My K9AY loops have different termination going from 80/160m to 630m and without a vactrol it is always tough to get right for the current ground conditions.

73 and will be listening for XKA John tonight on CMSK while concurrently running WSPR2.  Maybe a late CQ on CW also if the band conditions warrant.  Details will follow accordingly.

John XIQ