[600MRG] WH2XGP on the air again....

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Mon Dec 15 17:20:03 CST 2014

The WX turned a bit for the better this morning. With mostly clear skies
and only moderate winds, and after waiting a bit for the morning frost
to clear, I pulled on the Cartharts and mechanics gloves and braved the
cold air.

The vertical came down easily, it gets better with practice! After
inspecting the coil, walking around the whole thing, inspecting again,
and repeating a third time, I could find no evidence of damage. WTF? I
know I saw what appeared to be an arc track when I looked at the coil
with the binoculars but there sure wasn't anything there now.

Put everything back up and checked SWR, sure enough still looked like an
arc someplace. To make a long story a bit shorter, I eventually found a
number of relatively minor annoyances that had managed to combine in a
way that produced a false failure indication. A bit of tweaking here and
there and all seems to be working OK again. It actually was working OK
all the while, it was just looking like a disaster had occurred!

So back on with normal WSPR operation and looking for QSOs on JT and CW
at least until the next event.

73,

Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP