[600MRG] XSH/20

Rudy Severns n6lf at epud.net
Sun Aug 31 12:05:19 CDT 2014

Yesterday was a good day!  Taking inspiration from Ralph's video and some
advice from a local ham I used the "falling derrick" technique to put up an
80' irrigation pipe vertical for 160m.  That technique really works and I
was able to do it alone without straining.  I still have a bunch of
feedlines to bury and then lay down some obscene amount of radial wire!

Through the night hours I've been running WSPR at 50% to make it easier to
detect down VK way but  I've been shutting down during the day to better
report WH2XGP and VE7BDQ.  Their signals seem to be improving with each
passing day especially since the lightning storms in eastern Oregon have
subsided.

73, Rudy