[600MRG] Mini-Night of Nights

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Fri Aug 29 17:41:40 CDT 2014

Stew would have loved to get on 600 meters again.  He operated there both
as a ham (unlicensed) and as a commercial operator.

NBD get out of my way, I am SS.  That was his call, SS.  S.S. Perry.  Ha!
When they started giving out call signs he got there at 9 AM thinking he'd
be first, but Wally Heckman another fellow radio officer from Hull got
there the night before and picked up 1AA, so not to be out done, 1BB went
to Stu.  A very nice fellow, he finally ended up in a nursing home in
Melrose near me and I'd visit him every Thursday when I was home from sea,
he passed while I was at sea.  I brought him my Mac bug and a code
oscillator he told me he thought he'd never send "DE W1BB" again, but he
did - at least a few times more!  Tears of joy from him.

73
DR