[600MRG] WH2XGP down for a while

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Fri Aug 15 09:06:47 CDT 2014

Got up this morning to see the TX power out was down to half power. SWR
was up to 11:1.

Comparing WSPRnet spots to my WX station showed the spots stopped at the
same time as the rain started.

A quick walk out to the antenna found the top wire laying in the grass.
The top wire far end is normally supported by baling twine. The twine
had apparently gotten enough water imbedded in it to cause an arc and
melted about 2 inches from the wire!

Looks like I have to make a real insulator for the end. So WH2XGP will
be down for a few hours while I do this.

73,

Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP
DN07dg - central WA
http://w7iuv.com