[600MRG] late report - Monday night/Tuesday morning

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 7 14:13:32 CDT 2014

In spite of recent solar activity creating a few periodic challenges for those at higher latitudes, I had a very nice CW signal from Mike /12 on tuesday morning around 0800z... arm chair, crystal clear copy unlike I have ever heard him before.  I mentioned this in the ON4KST logger but failed to transpose over here.  Fades this direction from the NE have been deep at times, with booming signals at other times.  Hopefully things will stabilize shortly.

TA action still going strong last few nights for the boys in the east.  Even noted that XKA was hearing Stefan DK7FC last night.. good stuff...  Noted that Andy, KU4XR, was reporting me the other morning at +4... Who can argue with the tree antenna?

I've been running 20% TX cycle of late testing a new RX antenna so if you have a signal and its not on the air, please consider running.  Don't worry about the fact that its August... Band is open to somewhere...

73!

John XIQ