[600MRG] WH2XHY station info

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 10:17:32 CDT 2014

 I started a web page to show my 630m projects.  So far it has a photo of my transmitter and a sketch of the antenna system.

http://www.qsl.net/wd8das/630m.html

The rig is a shipboard “reserve” CW transmitter which runsabout 150 watts input and probably can make 50-100 watts output. An advantage of the marine tx it that it has a built in matchingnetwork for a short antenna.  I’m getting about 1 amp into the antenna,which is an inverted-L (40’ up and 100’ across).  ERP is probably only a watt or so since the radiation resistance is so low compared to ground losses,but it seems effective so far.

Steve WD8DAS / WH2XHY

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.