[600MRG] (no subject)

Rudy Severns n6lf at epud.net
Wed Aug 27 18:44:38 CDT 2014

Here is the reply I sent to John earlier.  I don't know if it explains
anything or not.

"Interesting thought John.

My knowledge of wspr is very limited I'm afraid.  I've run an experiment a
few times, turning on my signal when I know someone will be able to decode
me and seeing if they get me on a single transmission.  I actually did this
again last night.  I popped on the transmitter and then checked the
reporting before I made a second transmission.  Three stations got me on the
first bounce with the correct ID.  I wasn't testing the ID question, I just
wanted to be sure I was really on the air, with the right timing, etc.

However, that doesn't mean your suggestion isn't a good one.  I'm sure there
must be a wspr chat site which might be helpful but I haven't taken the time
to ferret it out.  If I switch to 50% duty cycle that might help somewhat in
exploiting a short opening??"

73, Rudy