[600MRG] New GPSDO

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Sat Apr 5 22:51:53 CDT 2014

I was going to ask what 5 ppt meant.  Then I thought I'd copy from the PDF
and send it to the group, but this notice from the web spells it all out!

with better than 5 parts per trillion frequency stability over 5 hours of
operation.

All I can say is wow!  Net control can't say you're off frequency now can
he? 5 ppt.

Read below my signature.

David N1EA xsh/18

LC_XO

Ultra small (0.97 x 0.97 inch) GPSDO
Low Cost OCXO or TCXO version
LC_XO

Ultra small (0.97 x 0.97 inch) GPSDO
Low Cost OCXO or TCXO version
Less than 0.5W (TCXO), +3.3V power supply
+/-25ppb stability over temperature
Can be soldered onto a PCB, or socketed
Very fast heater warmup of less than 1 minute
External 1PPS input with auto-switchover function

At only 0.97 x 0.97 inches small, the LC_XO is the smallest true
GPS-Disciplined-Oscillator (GPSDO) on the market today. The LC_XO was
designed to be soldered onto a customer PCB or plugged into a standard
100-mil pin-spacing DIP socket for optional retrofitting. The LC_XO is
designed for high-volume, low-cost production applications. It provides all
the software features of the larger Jackson Labs Technologies, Inc. GPSDO
such as full SCPI command support, NMEA output support, a WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS
50-channel GPS receiver, a 10MHz and 1PPS input and 1PPS output, and is
field-firmware-upgradable. The LC_XO is available in either OCXO or TCXO
versions and represents the smallest SWAP GPSDO on the market today. Phase
noise and frequency stability are not compromised, and the unit achieves a
-155dBc/Hz noise floor with better than 5 parts per trillion frequency
stability over 5 hours of operation. The unit includes internal 3.3V to 5V
DC-DC power supplies and filters, and can provide 5V at up to 50mA to
external customer circuitry, as well as to the external GPS antenna. The
unit provides ALARM/EVENT/LOCK status signals in TTL format as well as
serial format and has a dual LED on board for status indication.